REVIEW: Tarte x Graveyardgirl Swamp Queen Palette

20:48



Hello friends~ I'm Mireille and I'm back with another review :D

Today's review is going to be the Swamp Queen palette from tarte!

As a swamp family I couldn't resist the urge to get this palette full of wonderful colours.

The palette comes with 9 eyeshadows, 1 bronzer (not suitable for Asian skin tone), 1 blusher and 1 highlighter.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Isn't it awesome?~~ I like the woody feel of the packaging and the texture. The palette is made of cardboards (?)

I like how the palette feels and how it has a cute alligator with wings printed on the cover!




Let's take a look at the content shall we?
.
.
.

I especially love the big mirror that came with it. The quotes printed are very motivational and inspiring! It also came with a brush which is a plus. The quality of the brush is not bad at all :D



This is a closer look on the name of the shades and the colours.





From left: #SFS, Natural Peaches, Dogman

#SFS: metallic finish, very pigmented.
Natural Peaches: matte, pigmented but with minor fall outs.
Dogman: matte finish with a tiny bit amount of glitter. Take effort to blend.

Favourite: #SFS





From left: Big Baby, Sassy Bun, Sippy Sippy

Big Baby: matte finish with minor fall outs.
Sassy Bun: metallic finish, very pigmented.
Sippy Sippy: matte finish with glitter. Difficult to blend as shown in the swatch

Favourite: Sassy Bun~!!!!!!!




From left: Haunting, Uncommon, Mancat. (They're all grayish purple shade, but the swatches looks abit brownish on my skin)

Haunting: shimmer finish, very pigmented.
Uncommon: metallic finish also very pigmented.
Mancat: matte finish, I think this is the shade that is hardest to blend in the palette.

Favourite: Hauting.



From left: Sweet tea, Does this thing really work?, Gator wings

Sweet tea: shimmer finish (it is very pigmented, I use as a eyeshadow since it doesn't suit me as a bronzer. Hehe)
Does this thing really work?: also shimmer finish, very pigmented.
Gator wings: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HIGHLIGHTER EVER. YES, I SAID MOST.

Favourite: GATOR WINGS!!!!!! I live for this highlighter.


Final thoughts:

Overall it is a pretty decent palette. I love the shades they are very pretty and pigmented. As it is very pigmented, do expect some fall outs. The matte type shadow is not to my liking mainly because it is very difficult to blend. It is a very good palette for everyday makeup too. I can see myself using this palette a lot in the future.
Good job Bunny! Love ya!




So, we have come to the end of the review. I guess I'll stop right here.
Have a nice day~ Bye~~~~~~




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Etude House Lipliner

Etude House Lipliner

Peripera x Powerpuff girls

Peripera x Powerpuff girls